It’s the last week of the year. Yes, we know you know it. But does your boss know it? Obviously not, if they keep piling on the work disregarding the global shrinkage of productivity at this time of the year. It’s time to fight back against this gross injustice. And your most effective weapon is a good excuse that does not invite questions and has not been heard before. Last year, we told you how to get out of going to the office, but since working from home is the new normal, we’ve upped our game this year. Here are 10 epic excuses to get out of work while working from home.
1. My plants feel neglected because I’ve been SO BUSY with work. I must spend the day talking to them.
If the validity of this process is questioned, here’s the research to back you up.
2. I’ve run out of good music and I need a whole day to make another work playlist. This is vital to my existence.
Again, backed by research.
3. My dog peed on my laptop.
If your boss needs further explanations for this excuse, please consider changing your job ASAP.
4. I got locked out in the balcony while putting the laundry out to dry. And I live alone.
This will work only if your work can’t be done on the phone. Also mention that your building doesn’t allow non-residents to enter without a pre-approved permit. Just in case your boss wants to send someone to rescue you. I know that’s not true, but it’s believable during a pandemic.
5. I binge-watched Bridgerton over the weekend, and I’m still crying because I don’t have a Duke.
The sorrow is real.
6. A man coughed near me in the grocery store and now I’m isolating, away from my devices so that they don’t get a virus.
A virus is a virus.
7. I bought a month’s supply of groceries. I need the whole day to sanitise everything.
8. My ex changed his Netflix password. I’m well and truly devastated.
9. I still have paid leave left for this year, so I’m packing my bags and going on a (virtual) holiday. It’s important to have work-life balance.
10. The world is in shambles! Do I really need an excuse to take the last week of the year off?
Yes, we can work from the comfort of our beds. Yes, we don’t have to get out of pajamas ever. But why stare endlessly at presentations when we could be staring endlessly at Netflix instead? Use these excuses to get out of work this week and deal with the consequences in the new year.
Featured Image Source
Leave a Comment