With the festive season in full swing, who wants to go to work? Who can even do anything productive December 23rd onwards? But bosses don’t get this. They have this ridiculous thought that they can make people work in the last two weeks of the year.
So, we decided to be your saviours and come to your rescue. The usual excuses of illnesses and dead relatives don’t fly at this time of the year. You need something unique, something which stands out in the sea of diarrhea, flu and funerals. Check out these unique excuses to take a day off which will never fail you.
1. I was on my way to work, and I saw a red car. As you know, red means danger. For my own safety, I need to stay home today.
2. I’m a conscientious citizen, I need to spend the day thinking about how to reduce my carbon footprint. This will need 100 percent of my energy.
3. You won’t believe this, but I am an Avenger and the world needs me today.
4. My dog ate all my underwear. For the sake of your employees, I will not be coming in today.
5. The next Bollywood wedding has been announced, and I need to plan my outfits. I can’t tell you more.
6. My horoscope said good things will happen to me today. And nothing good ever happens in the office.
7. I was trying to fold a fitted sheet. I failed. That’s enough disappointment for one day.
8. I walked out of the house and my eyelashes froze in place.
9. I can’t get my eyeliner right. Today’s not my day.
10. I reached the office but the lift didn’t arrive for over 30 seconds. I will not tolerate this wastage of my time.
There is no boss in the world who can reject these excuses to take a day off. You’re welcome!