Let’s be real. Nobody enjoys spending the better part of their day scrubbing the grimy bits out of their furniture and cutlery, especially when you’re dealing with grimy spots and slimy gunk in your kitchen. And all of this can get particularly stressful when you are a clean freak with zero tolerance for greasy stains and dusty corners, leaving you with no choice but to devote hours a week doing extensive kitchen cleaning. So, we have a few simple kitchen cleaning hacks for you that will definitely make your life a lot simpler and keep the obsessive compulsive person within you at ease.
1. Get Rid of Oil Stains
Fighting fire with fire may not produce the best of results, but fighting oil with oil definitely seems to do the trick when it involves rubbing out grimy oil stains from your stove tops and hoods.
- Just squeeze out a couple of drops of mineral oil onto a paper towel/ toilet paper
- Scrub out the greasy layers.
2. Clean Chopping Boards
- Make a mixture of salt and lemon in a small bowl
- Scrub your chopping boards to get rid of stains and odor.
- In addition, lemon can also be used to clean faucets.
3. Aluminium Foil
- Make a ball of aluminium foil with a dab of dish soap.
- Scrub your utensils gently to get them spotless.
4.Coffee Grinder and Blender Maintenance
- To get rid of the smell, just grind some uncooked white rice in the grinder.
- With blenders, just fill them with water and add a couple of drops of dish soap
- Blend them for a few seconds and rinse.
5. Recyclable Grocery Bags to Minimise Dust
- Line your cupboards and drawers with old paper bags to prevent dust buildup.
6. Ammonia To The Rescue
- Soak your stove in a little ammonia overnight and this doesn’t even require scrubbing.
- Make sure not to mix ammonia with any other cleaning agents for the best results.
7. Virtues of Vinegar
- Using a 1:1 vinegar-water mixture on an old sock or a handkerchief
- Clean out cabinet corners is also another popular hack that makes the job a lot simpler.
8. Benefits of Baking Soda
- Coat the inside of your oven with a mixture of baking soda, water, and dish soap
- Let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- You can also clean your cabinets by using baking soda and vegetable oil on a toothbrush.