Padmavati’s first song ‘Ghoomar’ is out and man did it send us twirling. The breathtaking Rani Sa looks ravishing in that Rimple & Harpreet Narula creation. The multilayered Ghaghra is set so beautifully in the tones of red and green with sequined embellishments, that we can’t get our eyes off it. The handcrafted jadau jewellery along with the bandhej dupatta adds umpteen grace and panache to the character, which is indeed a strong essence of the historic Rajputana culture.
We must say that Bhansali is indeed a man who knows his history well. Who else can take such good care of the intricate detailing that goes in recreating a period drama?
The heavy jadau jewellery created by Tanishq
Bhansali can never go wrong when it comes to period films
Deepika in Rimple and Harpreet Narula creation
Things we really love about this number:
- Deepika Pudukone’s uncanny resemblance to the Rajput queen.
- Shreya Ghoshal and Swaroop Khan’s mesmerising vocals.
- The larger than life recreation of the interiors of Chittorgarh fort.
- The beautiful diyas and Rajasthani paintings in the backdrop.
- A really dapper Banna Sa– our very own Shahid Kapoor.
Watch the full song over here: