Although we all drool over brands like Chanel, Victoria’s Secret, Mac and more, the price tags can be daunting. Makeup is an inevitable, everyday essential for most of us, so wouldn’t it be super if you found a few drugstore alternatives which cost a fraction of the big brands and leave your skin looking as good? Here are a few options you can choose from.
Foundation and Primers
They give heavy coverage and form the base of your makeup and to get that perfect look you know you’ve got to work on the base. Keeping your skin type in mind before choosing a foundation. Here are a few good options.
- Coloressence Pre Makeup Base for its smooth, velvety and non-oily texture at Rs 500 only.
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse at Rs 430 online.
- Lakme Invisible Finish Foundation at Rs 225.
- Revlon Touch and Glow Moisturising Makeup costs Rs 300.
After all the time and effort spent on your makeup, the one thing you need to keep it in place through the evening, is compact. Use them for touch ups and fixes whenever you need and you are good to go.
- Lakme Radiance Compact at Rs 110.
- Colorbar UV Perfect Compact at Rs 225.
- Lotus Herbals Pure Radiance Natural Compact at Rs 300.
- Maybelline Clear Glow All-in-One Fairness Compact at Rs 200.
A blush is for that rosy tint on your cheeks and a makeup essential for most of us. Here are the best inexpensive alternatives you’ll find.
- Faces Glam on Perfect Blush at Rs 500.
- Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush at Rs 225.
- Oriflame Very Me Blush at Rs 250.
Kajal and Eyeliners
Those smoky eyes you see on magazine covers are the result of a kohl and eyeliner combo. Here are some of the best picks.
- Lotus Herbals Kajal at Rs 135.
- Maybelline Colossal Kajal at Rs 175.
- Lakme Eyeconic Kajal at Rs 199.
- Lakme Instaliner Liquid Eyeliner at Rs 110.
- Lakme Absolute Precision Pen Eyeliner at Rs 435.
Those dramatic eyelashes that keep the focus of your beautiful eyes come with mascara. Pick from the ones below.
- Maybelline Colossal Volume Express at Rs 350.
- Lakme Eyeconic Curling Mascara at Rs 300.
- Oriflame Beauty Wonder Lash Intense Mascara at Rs 330 approx.
Lip color is like the cherry on top for your makeup, there’s no stepping out without it. You can choose from a variety of affordable ones.
- Coloressence Lipsticks at Rs 175.
- Lakme Enrich Satin Lipsticks at Rs 225.
- Maybelline Colorsensational Moisture Extreme Lipsticks at Rs 250.
- Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipsticks at Rs 299.
The video here with a live demo, can also be used as a guide. She uses high-end makeup products on one side of her face and some from our dupe list on the other and it really is hard to tell the difference.
The market is full of such alternatives but remember to check your skin type and shade before picking out a product. Happy shopping!