In our quest for a better life, we often neglect our body. Missing a meal, eating junk food, drinking less water are some common problems which when added on to by pollution and stress can wreak havoc. No wonder then that we lose our hair early, our skin loses its glow and our body faces several health issues. In today’s fast-paced life, it is difficult to make time for your personal beauty regime. But, there is a magic ingredient available right in your kitchen that is the only one you need for glowing skin, shiny hair and a healthy body- honey. Read on to find out more.
Honey is a natural humectant, which means it preserves moisture. However, since it is very sticky, adding other natural ingredients to it helps spread it evenly.
- Honey and water: Add water to honey, so that the mixture becomes thin and spreadable. Apply it to slightly damp hair and wait for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Watch your hair turned soft and silky afterwards.
- Honey and vinegar: Honey and vinegar, especially apple cider vinegar work like natural conditioner for your hair. Applying it once a week also reduces dandruff. Mix ten spoons of vinegar with 1/4 cup of honey. Apply it to damp hair as you would apply shampoo. Let it sit for 15 minutes and rinse off with water.
- Honey and coconut oil: This is a great combination for dry hair. Mix 1/4 cup of honey with three spoons of warm coconut oil and mix well. Apply this to hair, like you are applying shampoo. Wait for ten minutes and rinse it off with water.
Applying any one of these mixtures once or twice a week and avoiding too much heat and chemicals on your hair will definitely help restore your shiny, healthy hair.
Honey is amazing for our skin. It being antibacterial in nature, helps cure acne. Being rich in antioxidants, it is great for aging skin and finally regular usage brings a glow on all types of skin.
- Apply plain, raw, organic honey on your face. Keep it on for 30 minutes and wash off. Your skin will feel softer instantly. You can also add a bit of lemon juice to this mix which will work as a natural bleach.
- If you are suffering from an acne breakout, just dab a bit of honey mixed with tea tree or lavender essential oil on the affected areas before going to bed. It will help in reducing the acne. If you do not have those essential oils, just use plain honey.
- Mix honey with coconut oil and use it to wash your face every day. Your skin will thank you with its radiance.
- Honey mixed with baking soda can be an excellent exfoliator for your skin, removing all the dead cells without causing any irritation.
Finally, your body also benefits from honey in so many ways.
- Your child has a a cough or a bad throat? Just give him/her a spoonful of honey two to three times a day and see the results for yourself. For better results, add some ginger juice to it.
- Looking for something energising to have before or after a workout? Honey comes to your aid by providing you with extra energy.
- If you are trying to lose weight, have a glass of warm water mixed with a spoonful of honey and some lemon juice first thing in the morning.
- For those with severely dry skin mix five tablespoons of honey with two cups of almond oil and two tablespoons of rose oil to make a natural moisturising lotion for your body.